Seems like this post is a week late. From Sep 20 until the 26 last year it was nationwide Singles day. Inside 1980s, the Buckeye Singles Council of Kansas started this observance which comes from the third full week of September. It absolutely was started to
… acknowledge many unmarried Us citizens don’t identify making use of the word “solitary” because they are parents, have partners or are widowed.
Check out recent interesting basic facts and data on singles in America:
- There are now 95.9 million unmarried people in the U.S. that are 18 many years or earlier. This will make right up 43% of all adults. (from 2008)
- 53 % of the singles are females
- 61 per cent of those singles never have already been married before. 24 percent were separated and a further 15 per cent were widowed.
- Seniors (65+) account fully for 15.8 million of sex singles which 16 per cent having not ever been hitched.
- 11.6 million of sex singles are parents coping with kids, 9.8 million are ladies.
When it comes down to full fact sheet throughout the Unmarried and solitary Americans Week, visit the U.S. Census Bureau.